Saturday, August 10, 2013

The Homestretch

3 Days to Go

My Facebook page is blowing up with people who are already in Grenada. I'm on what is probably the latest flight possible.: I'm arriving at 9pm the night before orientation. I'm excited and a little jealous to hear what a good time people are already having on the island, but I'm sure ill catch up. 

Speaking of catching up, I downloaded the Nike+running app for my brand new iPhone! So far I've only run five and a half miles, but my goal is to run 1000 miles in Grenada over the next two years. I've been trying to get in better shape because I don't want to feel like a hypocrite when, as a doctor, I tell people to eat right and exercise to be healthy. Plus, I want to look good in a bathing suit! 

So here it is: just three more days before my life changes forever. The homestretch; but really a starting block. This whole summer, really my whole life has been a warmup lap. It's time to start for real. Three days to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment